No really. I’m asking.
So far I have:
- No weird “taking cow to market” isle walking
- No pronouncing “man and wife”
- The less money given to the wedding industry the better
- Pot Luck
- Home made cake
- Cheap dress
- Bonus points if it’s a dress I already own
- This is not “my day”
- Because every day is my day
- Because I run my own life
- Because I’m a real person
- With mostly equal rights
In lieu of gifts, guests can donate to Planned Parenthood.
I’m still going around in my head about the ring. Do I want a ring? The answer to that question is always yes. I like rings. Do I want to pay for a ring, or even know what I’d want such a ring to look like? The answer is no.
I have one ring that we call the vagina ring because it looks a little like an abstract vagina. It may be the most feminist option.
I don’t know about wearing it everywhere though. The little clitoris part looks kind of precarious.
Also, the whole ring as a marker of ownership bit is a pretty huge boner killer for me.
UPDATE: Ben still wants gifts. Back to the drawing board I guess.